Skip to content
- Generation of friction is due to motion of wheels on road, road applies an opposite force of surface of wheels.
- Total friction depends on surface area of tyre touched to the surface of road, greater area touched lager the friction.
- Elasticity is another factor which affects the rolling friction as it is high then friction also gets to be high.
- Other important factor is temperature of the road as due to high temperature, collision among the medium particles will increase.
- Vibrations and collisions of particles of the road is also reason of increase of friction between road and the tyre.
- Road’s quality also plays an important role in friction generation which affects degree of adhesive force between road and tyre.
- Running vehicle on high speed is also increases the temperature of the tyre and therefore rolling friction of tyre increases.